- 1 whole chicken
- 2 yards cooking twine
- 1 cup herb oil
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
1. Begin by slicing along the center of the back of the chicken.
2. Cut along the center of the chest of the chicken follow along the rib cage of one side at a time.
3. Continue to remove one entire side by following the rib cage, around the “oyster” and along the hip to the tail.
4. De-bone thigh: feel thru flesh to find bone, with fillet knife trace down center of thigh bones from tip of leg to hip, trace out each side to center joint. then slice under joint and remove bones
5. Remove wing try to leave as much skin as possible on breast side
6. Butterfly open breast from the outside towards the center
8. Brush entirety of chicken inside and out then season with salt and pepper generously.
9. Lay out 5 pieces of 7 inch cooking twine evenly on clean surface.
10. Roll evenly from the long side that the wing was removed from.
11. After entirely rolled carefully place in the center of laid out cooking twine.
12. Begin to knot cooking twine from one side to the other.
13. Repeat on other half of chicken
14. When finished with both sides remove excess cooking twine
16. Bake in oven @ 350 until internal temp of log reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Then rest and remove twine
17. Cut logs in the center then cut pieces in center again leaving you with four equal sections of each half of the chicken.