Like yesterdays post I am in a mood for muffins. Todays recipe is for my personal favorite Coffee Cake Muffins.
1 cup palm sugar
1 cup almond flour
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup palm sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
12 Tablespoon coconut oil, cut into 1 inch pieces and chilled
6 large eggs
1/2 cup coconut milk
coconut oil for greasing muffin tin
1. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
2. Pulse the palm sugar and coconut flour together in a food processor to combine, about 5 pulses. Transfer 3/4 cup of processed palm sugar mixture to a medium bowl (leaving the rest in the processor). Whisk in the 1/4 cup palm sugar and cinnamon to make the streusel; set aside.
3. Add the almond flour, the baking powder, salt, and baking soda to the palm sugar mixture left in the food processor and pulse to combine, about 5 pulses. Scatter the coconut oil pieces evenly over the top and pulse until the mixture breaks down into small pebbly pieces, about 10 pulses. Add the eggs and coconut milk and pulse until the batter is well combined and thick, about 8 pulses.
4. Portion a generous Tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup, and then sprinkle each with 1 1/2 Tablespoon of streusel mixture. Spoon the remaining batter over the streusel. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the pan half way through baking.
5. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, than flip out onto a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.