This morning I made this quick and easy paleo banana pancake recipe for my girlfriend and I. Not only is this pancake extremely tasty, it’s healthy too and will keep you full. Paleo pancakes can be a little tricky because you don’t want them to be too thin or too dense. I found that if you whisk the eggs into the coconut flour, it will make the pancakes turn out nice and fluffy. Another tip is folding the eggs into the bananas, rather than stirring them in. I also found that it is much better to use ripe bananas rather than fresh ones because you are going to be doing a lot of mashing! Enjoy, We sure did.
2 bananas and sliced them into 1/4 inch coins
2 whole eggs, 1 tablespoon coconut flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (if desired)
- peel the 1 1/2 bananas and sliced them into 1/4 inch coins. Then lightly smushed cut bananas in bowl with fork.
- In a separate bowl whisk until frothy 2 whole eggs, 1 tablespoon coconut flour, 1/8 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (if desired)
- Fold in eggs to banana bowl with spatula.
- When fully combined pour a tea cup saucer size of batter onto a med-low coconut oil greased non-stick pan.
- when tiny bubbles quit popping flip pancake and continue 50-90 sec until finished
- Top with extra banana slices and enjoy!